Thank You to the TFP Community

Jul 10, 2012
To those of you just getting started reading this site- stick with it. It's like drinking from a fire hose, but it's worth it.

I started reading TFP 2 years ago before we closed on our current house. When we purchased the house, we made the decision to continue using the pool service that was taking care of the pool before we bought the house. I added a pool skim b/c I needed a way to skim the water in one corner of the pool, but otherwise I didn't make any changes. We did a major remodel and I chose to allocate my time to the inside of the house rather than the outside.

Fast forward 18 months (6 months ago), the remodeling work inside is done and I started looking outside. The pool water didn't have the sparkle it had before and things just looked off. I started reading... and digesting... and reading some more. I ordered a TF100 and ended up doing a partial water replacement to reduce CYA. I used instructions here to add a stenner pump, and a few weeks ago I eliminated the pool service. The pool water sparkles and taking care of the pool is simple. The Stenner makes it simple- adding liquid chlorine is automatic. We even left town for 5 days over the 4th of July- I did a weekly cleaning before we left (10 minutes) and then did the same when I returned (another 10 minutes) and all is great.

I'm working on my back patio right now looking a clean pool with sparkling water. I haven't done anything since Monday except test the water and add a little acid. Piece of cake. Certainly worth the savings eliminating the pool service and the pool looks better- $35 per week? Not any more!!! THANK YOU TFP!!!!

Thank you for your kind words! Please consider becoming a TFP supporter. It is a small 1-time donation to become a lifetime supporter and that helps keep TFP up and running ad free. See the link in my signature for more details. Becoming a TFP supporter is not required for membership, but it is deeply appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.