May 18, 2014
Milford, CT
Have new salt water pool...here are today's numbers

Salt 3800
FC 1.5/1.75
Cya 70
TA 70
PH 7.2

The chlorine has been testing low since the last couple rain storms....I added in some liquid chlorine to raise the chlorine and my pool got its sparkle back. Today I came outside and have what looks like yellow/green algae beginning to grown along the sides of pool. What do I do? I'm a total pool newbie and from what I can see all my numbers look good (and have been consistent since the pool opened). Other than the chlorine running low at times. I have had my SWG running for 12 hours for the last few days...

Denise, You FC is way too low and that is not good. Your Target FC for your CYA and your SWG is 5ppm FC and no less than 3ppm. You need to SLAM the pool because you have algae. Your Target for the SLAM is 28ppm FC. Please follow :arrow: SLAMing Your Pool until you pass the Overnight FC Loss Test. You can use PoolMath to calculate how much bleach to add to get to SLAM level.

Do you have a test kit? If not, you need one that can run the test results up to 50ppm FC. :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison. The TF100 is the best deal you will get. :goodjob:

Once you understand this, it is recommended that you read and understand the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry. If you have any questions, just ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.