Jacks Purple Stuff

ilovemydogs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2007
My pool is about 5 months old. My pool builder took care of my pool chemistry for the first month. He used chlorine bleach, trichlor tabs and MA. He also added Jacks Purple stuff .

When the SWG was started , I took over the care. Luckily, he had my CYA at 60 so all I really had to do when I started was used the MA/ aeration method that I learned from this website to get my TA to 70. I now only have add about 2 cups of acid 2 times per week to keep my ph around 7.5 With the TFT kit I have been able to keep this pool crystal clear with about 5 minutes of work per day. I leave town about twice a month for 5 days and always come back to crystal clear water. I keep my free chlorine around 3.5 . I'm in Texas so my CH is about 460
After having a pool in my last home that I had to pay a service to maintain, I am a big believer in SWG and the automatic, programmable controllers as well as Pebbletech. My last pool had scale on the tile and stains on the bottom even thought it was a new pool and paid "professionals " were maintaining it. Of course that was 13 years ago.

So, my question: Jacks purples stuff – do I need to add some again? If so when and how much? Is there anything else I need to be doing ? I know I can call my pool builder, but I have learned so much about pool care and chemistry from you guys I would like your input.
Thanks,
“Dogs”

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.