Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jacks Purple Stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

Jacks Purple Stuff

My pool is about 5 months old. My pool builder took care of my pool chemistry for the first month. He used chlorine bleach, trichlor tabs and MA. He also added Jacks Purple stuff .

When the SWG was started , I took over the care. Luckily, he had my CYA at 60 so all I really had to do when I started was used the MA/ aeration method that I learned from this website to get my TA to 70. I now only have add about 2 cups of acid 2 times per week to keep my ph around 7.5 With the TFT kit I have been able to keep this pool crystal clear with about 5 minutes of work per day. I leave town about twice a month for 5 days and always come back to crystal clear water. I keep my free chlorine around 3.5 . I'm in Texas so my CH is about 460
    After having a pool in my last home that I had to pay a service to maintain, I am a big believer in SWG and the automatic, programmable controllers as well as Pebbletech. My last pool had scale on the tile and stains on the bottom even thought it was a new pool and paid "professionals " were maintaining it. Of course that was 13 years ago.

So, my question: Jacks purples stuff – do I need to add some again? If so when and how much? Is there anything else I need to be doing ? I know I can call my pool builder, but I have learned so much about pool care and chemistry from you guys I would like your input.
    Thanks,
    “Dogs”
    15 K gal IG, Spa w spill over, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, DE Filter, 2 speed pump,
    LXI Heater, Polaris 260, Turtle Bay Pebble Sheen, Jandy PDA
    I love my pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jacks Purple Stuff

Jack's Magic The Purple Stuff is a sequestrant. It helps prevent metal staining and calcium scaling. You only need to use it if you have metals in the water or calcium problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School