Has anyone got any ideas???

oogzy

Jul 26, 2008
Hi, new to the forum. I hope someone can help with my slight problem.
This will be my 4th season with our 18ft round AGP. I am pretty much ok with the chemical and maintainance side now, after having to tackle most problems it has thrown at me. The only thing that has defeated me so far is the high alkalinity here in the UK...but i feel better since i gave up on that one :)
I had an algae problem maybe 4 weeks ago now, managed to suppress this with a combination of sustained bombardment with cal hypo chlorine shock and vacuuming to waste. Only in the last 4 days has the TC reduced to a comfortable 3ppm. We have been using the pool and i have been keeping a close eye on TC.
Yesterday whilst taking a few bugs off the surface i noticed this stringy yellow stuff accumulating on the net. Looks like hair but turns to mush when touched. I have attached a pic to this post. Virtually impossible to see on the surface of the water with the naked eye, but just kept coming.
It is only on the surface. The skimmer is in working order.
Any ideas? This one is boggling me.
I have not specifically used algaecide yet this year i should add.
Have added a larger resolution pic here in case any loading probs:
http://uk.geocities.com/deansbin@btinte ... oseup1.jpg

Thanks all

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 173
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.