New stain and Tile Question

First Pool Judith

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2014
Georgetown, Texas
stairs1.jpgtile1.jpgSTAIN ON STEPS: I have a brand new spot that came up on the stairs tight after the bug guy was here and he put down some checmichals on the lawn. Any ideas? It is light brown. I don't see any others.

TILE QUESTION: What's the best way to clean tile? Some of my tile seems to be developing a whitish line around the tile. What is this - calcium?

PICS attached

Yes, the white lines around the tile grout is calcium leaching out. Really can't stop that from happening.
Dilute acid 50/50 with water in a plastic squeeze bottom and squirt onto the tile grout to perhaps remove the brown. Be careful to not add too much acid at one time. And check the pH afterwards, and adjust if needed.
The spot in the plaster might be from within the plaster and might not be able to be removed, but you could also try the acid also on that spot.

My mistake about the grout color. Sorry.

Yes, use "muriatic acid" and tap water. The acid may remove some of the calcium, but it will probably return again in time.

Yes, the acid will lower pH and alkalinity.
The Pumice stone may work.
But your situation is a little different, and I am doubtful that the glass bead program would be effective. The glass beads program works well on common and uniform calcium scaling on various surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.