Because I always gravitate toward a challenge, I'm building my own wooden AGP...

Jul 7, 2014
Medina, Ohio
Well folks, I thought this would be as good as any ice breaker.....

When researching options for installing my own AGP, I absolutely fell in love with the wood-walled AGP's I was learning about on the web. Most were from Canada and Europe, with only one or two making them here in the USA. So after inquiring how much a kit would be in the size I wanted (27' round), I put my engineering brain to work and decided to build my own. I'm one of those guys who loves to build stuff with wood (outbuildings, decks, etc.), and I have the patience and perseverance to see my projects through to the end the right way. I knew I'd have fun with this one!

Working very closely off the plans for the design made by Crestwood, I worked up a bill of materials and priced EVERYTHING out I would need, including earthwork, sand, chemicals, etc. I still came in at under HALF what a new Crestwood kit would cost me. I'm even using some components ordered directly from Crestwood, which I'm sure I'm paying a heavy markup for.

So, a week and a half ago I started my project. I'm close to dropping in the liner, I just have to wait for some drier weather in NE Ohio!

I will be doing the BBB/TFPC plan, my TF-100 kit is on it's way, and I scored my filter sand, chlorine bleach and CYA locally for some pretty good sale prices (slow pool season here in Ohio so far).

Wish me luck!

Well, here goes my attempt at getting some pics posted....

The dig begins :

photo640x478.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.