Noob pool and home owner.

Closed end of last week on new place and got my kit today and started testing. Came across this site and it seems like the place to be. I do not trust pool stores or any pool guys so I am trying to tackle this on my own. Been reading pool school and other things on this amazing web site trying to get up to speed. Poolpilot is/was running 100% level 2, red light blinking saying clean cell, so I cleaned it this weekend with muratic per instructions and noticed the inside fins seem to be getting thin on ends, still is blinking saying clean cell. Little bubbles are coming out of return so it seems to be working I think based off what I've read on here. Water seems pretty clear. I added muriatic to pool per pool math site, it seems that ph is the first thing I need to get in check. Any direction or help or be much appreciated.

FC -3.5
CC -0
pH- 8.2
TA - 90
CH - 400
CYA- 60
Salt-3800 ppm

Welcome to TFP!

Yep, your pH is your main concern. FC needs to come up some too, I recommend bringing it up to about 5-6 with the SWG, or what I do when I get too low is dump a little liquid bleach in then let the SWG maintain.

Thanks guys! This place is a wealth of pool knowledge and seems to be some helpful folks here. I was wondering if I can add bleach or not to raise my FC.

Butterfly, thank you and yes I have indeed looked at that. I actually printed it out and put in with my kit :thumleft:

We have been getting the typical afternoon dumps of rain here, sometimes upwards of 3 inches or more. What can I expect that to do coupled with the brutal SWFL sun to my pool?

Thanks guys! This place is a wealth of pool knowledge and seems to be some helpful folks here. I was wondering if I can add bleach or not to raise my FC.

Butterfly, thank you and yes I have indeed looked at that. I actually printed it out and put in with my kit :thumleft:

We have been getting the typical afternoon dumps of rain here, sometimes upwards of 3 inches or more. What can I expect that to do coupled with the brutal SWFL sun to my pool?

Rain, schmain. As long as you don't have soil runoff in the pool, it should be okay.

Test and balance pH and FC daily. Just keep your FC within range. You may need (as Robbie mentioned) to help the SWG by adding bleach/liquid chlorine. I suggest you target 5 FC with the SWG.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, do you have a pic of the pool for us? :D

Is the pool inside a screen enclosure?

Thanks butterfly, Good news about the rain, I thought for sure it would screw up the numbers. :party: I love this site already, I can tell I'm going to enjoy using it and have fun while maintaining a beautiful pool once I get it all figured out.

Just about to leave to go grab some bleach to add. The pool people, according to sellers, were supposed to be taking of pool up until last week, not sure if they did or not. Pool seems fairly clean, but the filter was pretty goody, pressure dropped 8-10 on gauge after I cleaned it this morning.

The pool is screened in. I hope this photo attachment works.

IMG_0275.jpg

My first guess is marketing. Either that or they are saying there are other chlorates in the "other" stuff in the bottle. I don't really know. I just wanted to say what a nice pool you have. I lost my pool enclosure with hurricane Wilma, and we decided not to put it back. I miss it for how clean the pool area stayed with it...

Thanks doghouse. That's kinda what my conclusion is as well after doing some digging with no real answer found. It definitely helps keep the pool really clean, the house we were renting before we bought had one to. That's part of the reason why it's hard for me to pay someone to take of the pool. Here is the money shot, kinda sold the house to us.
pool.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.