Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
gagu2apu.jpg

Is there a way to reuse the jandy valve on the left if I plumb into that section with a swg?. It looks to me like I will need to cut it out on the vertical pipes since the run between the filter and the valve has a bunch of jogs and no place to plumb in the swg. The swg would go into a new section that leaves the filter and goes back then up and then front to drop back down to jandy valve.

Hard to see. Can you add a closer picture of the valve and plumbing in question?

You may be able to use a short section of smaller pipe and glue it to the inside of the valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Overshooting the salt doesn't matter much unless you go WAAAY over. Also, the SWG units typically have a +/-400ppm accuracy. I would suggest getting an independent test of the salt concentration (either Taylor drops or AquaChek strips) just to keep an eye on your independent salt value versus what your machine reads.

My IC40 always reads high by about 500ppm or so relative to my AquaChek strips. The problem is my salt can go low but my IC40 says everything is ok. So I like to try to shoot right in the middle if the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.