Hayward Navigator Pool Vac

Jul 20, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't like my Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac. What is the best automatic robot out there to get? Do I really need one or can I get away with just manually vacuuming and scrubbing walls?

:wave: Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac going to the grave... :lol:

The navigator is not a robot but rather a suction side cleaner. (Robots are a different class of cleaner, as are pressure side cleaners.) What is it that you don't like about it? (It's actually one of the more popular suction sides out there and one of the most dependable.) If you tell us what you don't like about it it might be easier to recommend a different cleaner or class of cleaner.

dabuddy said:
I can't seem to get it to move around so well. The multi-section hose doesn't seem to allow for the unit to move so easily.
The multisection hose is common to most suction side cleaners. How old is your navigator and has it ever been serviced? Are you using the proper number of hose sections for the size of your pool? Are your returns disrupting the cleaning pattern? These are some of the more common adjustments that need to be made to get suction sides to clean properly.

My navigator is only a year old (got it when I had my pool installed last July). I only used it about 5 times total (last year 4x and tried 1x this year). I can feel the suction under it when it is hooked up but it just doesn't seem to go around the entire pool. I think I have the correct number of hose sections but it is what my pool installer said I needed. I con't believe my returns are preventing it from cleaning properly but I wouldn't know if they were.

Have you read the manual for it? That would be the first thing to do. Pool builders don't necessisarily know the equipment they install and often NEVER read the manuals!

It would also be good to know what the pressure reading on your filter is - is it time to clean them out. Mine starts working horribly when the pressure gets over 25. Also - sometimes things get stuck in the impeller which will make it suck in water but will keep the flaps from moving and pushing it along.

I agree that you should read the manual. A gauge should of been included with the cleaner. It is an attachment that you put at the end of the hose (instead of the vac) and turn on the suction. The black suction disk should be between the two lines.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.