Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Navigator Pool Vac

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Navigator Pool Vac

I don't like my Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac. What is the best automatic robot out there to get? Do I really need one or can I get away with just manually vacuuming and scrubbing walls?

Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac going to the grave...
    Chris

18'x36' (Depth: deep 8'6" shallow 3'6") rectangular 27,000 Gallon Vinyl In Ground. Hayward self-priming super pump 1 HP 2600x5-96, Hayward Pro Series High Rate 24" 7-Position 300 lb Sand Filter, Hayward H250 Natural Gas 250,000 BTU Electronic Ignitiion - Digital Readout Heater, Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac.

Converted Baquacil to Chlorine - should have done it sooner!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Navigator Pool Vac

The navigator is not a robot but rather a suction side cleaner. (Robots are a different class of cleaner, as are pressure side cleaners.) What is it that you don't like about it? (It's actually one of the more popular suction sides out there and one of the most dependable.) If you tell us what you don't like about it it might be easier to recommend a different cleaner or class of cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't seem to get it to move around so well. The multi-section hose doesn't seem to allow for the unit to move so easily.
    Chris

18'x36' (Depth: deep 8'6" shallow 3'6") rectangular 27,000 Gallon Vinyl In Ground. Hayward self-priming super pump 1 HP 2600x5-96, Hayward Pro Series High Rate 24" 7-Position 300 lb Sand Filter, Hayward H250 Natural Gas 250,000 BTU Electronic Ignitiion - Digital Readout Heater, Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dabuddy
    I can't seem to get it to move around so well. The multi-section hose doesn't seem to allow for the unit to move so easily.
    The multisection hose is common to most suction side cleaners. How old is your navigator and has it ever been serviced? Are you using the proper number of hose sections for the size of your pool? Are your returns disrupting the cleaning pattern? These are some of the more common adjustments that need to be made to get suction sides to clean properly.

5. Back To Top    #5

My navigator is only a year old (got it when I had my pool installed last July). I only used it about 5 times total (last year 4x and tried 1x this year). I can feel the suction under it when it is hooked up but it just doesn't seem to go around the entire pool. I think I have the correct number of hose sections but it is what my pool installer said I needed. I con't believe my returns are preventing it from cleaning properly but I wouldn't know if they were.
    Chris

6. Back To Top    #6

Have you read the manual for it? That would be the first thing to do. Pool builders don't necessisarily know the equipment they install and often NEVER read the manuals!

7. Back To Top    #7

It would also be good to know what the pressure reading on your filter is - is it time to clean them out. Mine starts working horribly when the pressure gets over 25. Also - sometimes things get stuck in the impeller which will make it suck in water but will keep the flaps from moving and pushing it along.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

8. Back To Top    #8

The Aquabot Turbo T2 is as good as it gets IMHO.

Best regards

Jim

9. Back To Top    #9

I agree that you should read the manual. A gauge should of been included with the cleaner. It is an attachment that you put at the end of the hose (instead of the vac) and turn on the suction. The black suction disk should be between the two lines.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

10. Back To Top    #10

I found with my Navigator it worked really bad until you had the suction set properly. It was like night and day.
    30,000 Gallons, Hayward C5030 cartridge filter, IG, Plaster, SWG