Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solor Cover and Chlorine Loss

1. Back To Top    #1

Solor Cover and Chlorine Loss

Lots of good reading here and PF on solar cover. I need a new one. Currently using an opaque blue and was pretty happy with the results.

Does anyone know if using a clear cover will have more chlorine loss than a blue opaque cover (when the pool is covered)? With my blue cover I do notice that, when covered during the day, chlorine loss if markedly lower than when the pool is uncovered. Will the clear have the same result? I wouldn't think so...
    10K IG fiberglass pool, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, 1.5HP Hayward superpump, Heat Pump Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solor Cover and Chlorine Loss

There was a similar thread the other day...I was wondering the same thing.

solar-cover-clear-really-better-than-blue-for-temp-raise-t7747.html?hilit=clear%20solar%20cover
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Solor Cover and Chlorine Loss

Thx - look like the poster indicated that all plastic covers, even the clear, would absorb UV light, and thus also have a good effect on retaining chlorine as the blue. Good news!
    10K IG fiberglass pool, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, 1.5HP Hayward superpump, Heat Pump Heater