Help!!! No bleach registering.....

TaraMM

Jul 18, 2013
Royse City, TX
Okay, so I have had my pool up for a couple of weeks now. But having trouble keeping chlorine in the pool. I am guessing it is quickly being consumed by the Texas sun. The pool water is clear and we have been having fun, but I need help getting the chemistry right!! I appreciate all the help I can get. :) thanks.

Take for instance;
Yesterday after work about 5:30 I checked the Chlorine and PH.
chlorine-0
PH=7.5
cya= I can still see the black dot in the tube

I went to pool math and it said to add 121 fl oz bleach ( 8.25%) and so I did.
This morning before I left for work I added about a lb of stabilizer (in a pantyhose) and put in the skimmer.

After work today I tested the water again;
0=chlorine
PH=7.5

About 6pm I added about 2 lbs of stabilizer.
I checked water at 9:30pm still no chlorine.
Ph is still 7.5

What do I do now?

Wait a week for the CYA to register and feed your pool daily! You are losing all your FC to the sun because you had no CYA. Once it starts registering, you will have an easier time holding FC levels. Shoot for 40ppm CYA. Your target FC for the day is 5ppm without going below 3ppm FC.

Wait and see what the CYA is before you add more. You don't want to over shoot and have too much as it's easier to add CYA than having to do drain refills to get rid of it.

You will need to add bleach daily. Even I add it daily to my pool. Consider it your new puppy. lol Bring FC up to 5ppm and if you need to add it in the morning, add it and if you need to add it in the evening to bring it up, do it.

You will hold the FC once the CYA kicks in though. Anymore questions, just ask. We're here to help you. :cool:

Once your CYA is dissolved out of the stocking it will register on the test. If you only added 1 pound it still may not register. My 21 foot pool takes about 4 lbs to reach 30 ppm. Did the first test turn cloudy at all?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.