metal in pool

May 27, 2014
Lakewood, NJ
I had my pool water tested at local pool store, they say it has lots of metal (copper 2.4) and sold me metal out, with instructions to shut chlorinator and run filter for 24 hrs then vacuum, but they told me since i have a heater with no shut off it may not work and make things worse. Is there another way of dealing with metal can i test for metal on my own? is metal dangerous, do i must remove them do they cause problems? can i get pool balanced with metals

Welcome to TFP!

Copper can cause staining of hair, pool liner, and eventually the water can even turn green. For this reason, we highly recommend not using products that contain copper.

I have no experience with metals in the pool, but I wanted to bump your question back up to the top so hopefully someone that does can pick it up and help.

Welcome to TFP!

Copper can cause staining of hair, pool liner, and eventually the water can even turn green. For this reason, we highly recommend not using products that contain copper.

I have no experience with metals in the pool, but I wanted to bump your question back up to the top so hopefully someone that does can pick it up and help.

thank you so much for trying to get me help,
So far my hair and liner are fine i am new at testing my own pool but got the recommended kit and here are results deep end is cloudyish water is not crystal clear (after i swim mouth is dry did you ever hear of that)

FC 1
TA 80
ph 7.2-7.5
cal.hard 30
cya showed 0 but i put 4 lb stabalizer yesterday and my chlorinator has used about 5 15 tablets in past 2 week.

yesterday when i tested
FC 0
Ph 8.2
TA 80
I ran filter all night and put in a 64 oz bottle of 8.25 % bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.