BBB and basic pool chemistry defined

Kneehighs are not as fine a material as the skimmer socks I have seen. I have never tried kneehighs but I don't think they will filter out the fine stuff as well as the socks do.

I used skimmer socks last years and switched to knee highs this year. These seem to do as good as job as the skimmer socks if not better. The 'holes' you have you in knee highs are about the size of a pencil lead. The holes are small enough that stabilizer does not pass through them. I placed them in front of a return so that water hit them and that was much more efficient that putting stabilize in through the skimmer imho.

I don't have any more fine stuff this year than I did last year in the pump basket. I not sure, but I think the size I use are 'one size', whatever that means. I suppose the bigger the size the smaller the hole. But they keep grass out.

They do a good enough job that I seldom have to backwash.

waterbear said:
Kneehighs are not as fine a material as the skimmer socks I have seen. I have never tried kneehighs but I don't think they will filter out the fine stuff as well as the socks do.

I'll have to agree with you
there waterbear. I have compared
knee highs to proper skimmer socks
side by side and the skimmer socks will filter
finer. But kneehighs will still work better
than nothing.

Take Care,

Michael Silvester

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.