New First test with TFT-100 and first slam

Jul 7, 2014
lancaster, pa
Question after initial test received FC: 0.5 CC: 1.5 TC:2 PH 7.5 TA:90 CYA :40 25,000 gal plaster pool water crystal clear.
slam with 3 gal 12.5% liquid chlorine
brushed waited 2.5 hrs
test: after 7 drops turned clear but after 30 sec turn light pink after each drop clear then light pink at 14 drops was staying clear. what # would you use?
CC; test after 2 drops turned clear but 30 sec was light(very light pink) after each addition same as above after 3-4 drops stayed clear what # would you use?
Added two gal
will brush and retest in 2 hrs

Once you get to clear, stop counting. It always turns slightly pink once the test sits and should be disregarded.

Question after initial test received FC: 0.5 CC: 1.5 TC:2 PH 7.5 TA:90 CYA :40 25,000 gal plaster pool water crystal clear.
slam with 3 gal 12.5% liquid chlorine
brushed waited 2.5 hrs
test: after 7 drops turned clear but after 30 sec turn light pink after each drop clear then light pink at 14 drops was staying clear. what # would you use?
CC; test after 2 drops turned clear but 30 sec was light(very light pink) after each addition same as above after 3-4 drops stayed clear what # would you use?
Added two gal
will brush and retest in 2 hrs

on 5 slam

adding 5 gal 12.5% bleach brush test
even testing 1/2 hr after and 1 hrs FC: 4-6 can't get to 16ppm CYA: 50 CC: 9
chlorine smell ammonia smell water crystal clear
the more chlorine I add the higher the CC climb
suggestions

Let's assume there is no ammonia in this pool....it really doesn't meet the conditions and that "reason" it far too overworked.

Trader7111, You tested 4.5 FC at some unposted time. After that test, you added 4.5 gallons of 12 %? to bring Added and present FC to roughly 25 ppm (don't make us guess, report your FC additions in PPM so we don't have to ask 4 gallons of what?

Test FC again in four hours from the time of your last addition and report that result and how much you re-add to get your FC back to SLAM.

Also, just as a sanity check, please test the FC with the OTO test (blue box) and describe the color...bright yellow? faint yellow? slightly orange? dark orange?

So. we'll be looking for two reports 4 hours from when you made your last addition. FAS/DPD FC only and OTO TC only.

slam every 1/2 hrs FC: 16 to 4.5 in .5 hrs
adding 4 gal each time trying to get chlorine to start staying long than .5 hrs
have used 30 gal 12.5% bleach since starting at 6pm yesterday.
Am I on the right track

Yes, you are on the right track. It will take a lot of FC to get rid of the ammonia CC's.

Keep hammering it :hammer:

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dave
Tested Initial FC Level 4.5
SLAM FC with 40-50CYA is 16FC-20 goal 25k gal pool
added 4 gal 12.5% bleach (1gal will increase 5.15PPM) 4 x 5.15 =20.6 I know 4.5 plus 20.6=25.1 but not getting those readings only getting 16.5ppm testing at manual pool Chlorine entry site in 5 minutes. actual Vs est.
this is why i am using 4 gal testing every 1/2 hr because chlorine loss is still high (10ppm per 1/2 hr) FC reading at 1/2 are 4.5-6.5FC
If I wait 4 HOURS FC reading has been 1ppm thats why I starting testing more frequent.
What would you do? stay at 1/2-1 retest or wait every 4 hours?

Half hour after next SLAM dose, tell us how much 12.5% chlorine you added and test FC and CC for us.

Do you see an expiration date on the chlorine?

Where did you buy it?

Was it being stored inside a/c or outdoors?

When did you last test CYA and what was it?

It would also be helpful to us if you add your pool and equipment specs in your sig.
Here's how:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/115-read-before-you-post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.