Kid behind the counter SWEARed to me

Jun 20, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I once had the Leslie kid behind the counter SWEAR to me that if I did not buy PhosFree and get my phosphates below 100ppb (in case anyone cares, it's measured in parts per billion) that it would void my Pentair warranty on my DE filter :shock:

I laughed at him to his face and told him, "nice try kid, is that what they teach you to say?" I then proceeded to tell him that the exact opposite is true as stated by my pool builder who is a Pentair rep. Use of any phosphate reducers, coagulants or flocculent that will get imbedded in the filter medium will render the warranty void. The kid just shut up and immediately went after another customer after I schooled him.

Moral - You, the pool owner, are just considered an easy mark by pool stores to make money off of. They do not care one bit about your pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: phosphate levels

You should clue in your Pentair rep to that one Sunny. They may want to look in to a pool store that is selling someone a product that will void their warranty by telling them they must use it keep their warranty. That is possibly the worst pool store story I have heard, and that bar is already set really high...

Sent from my HTC One

Re: phosphate levels

You should clue in your Pentair rep to that one Sunny. They may want to look in to a pool store that is selling someone a product that will void their warranty by telling them they must use it keep their warranty. That is possibly the worst pool store story I have heard, and that bar is already set really high...

Sent from my HTC One

Oh my PB who is the Pentair rep knows the pool stores are full of it. In fact, he warned this newbie to not trust a word they say and to run all of their BS by him before I buy anything.

(I guess it would be more accurate to call him a distributor or select seller or some such designation as he is not an official Pentair employee)

Anyway, I did tell him that one and he laughed at the brazen level of BS they shovel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.