Got my test kit! Now I need to attack my pool

Been fighting a stain/algae issue all season.
I have been just throwing chemicals at it and for a bit the stain would recede only to come back full strength later.
I received my Taylor K2006 and did some testing. First time I ever used a test kit that actually had a handle on it.
Just looking for input on where to go from here. Read the SLAM section but would like direction from the forum.
FC - 12
CC - .5
PH 7.0
Alk - 130
CYA - ? (Kit said to fill tube until black dot disappeared then read tube at liquid level on back. But black dot disappeared before it made it to a number reading.)
I also included some pics of the pool.
pool1.jpgpool2.jpg

Since the dot disappeared before you got to a line, your CYA is way high. Try testing again with a diluted sample. 1 Part pool water, 1 part tap water. Add this mixture to your test bottle, add the CYA reagent and multiply your result by 2. I see a drain and fill in your future. Let us know what you get for results.

I hate to say it, but you need to do a drain & fill. Pool Math will tell you how much you need to drain. Just leave at least a foot of water in the shallowest part of the pool when you drain it. You don't want your liner to shift.

Ow. I kinda knew it from reading other posts but wanted to get input on my specific issue.
One thing. It's mid July. I am definitely replacing the liner next year. Is there any reason I should proceed with draining my pool this year?
Or can I put up with the stains for a month and a half and completely drain the pool?
Just curious if there is a health issue.
Also, from reading other posts at this site I believe my filter is about 100lbs shy of what I need. True/False?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.