Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Just throwing this out there.

Clearly I have too much free time and money to burn (not really on both counts), but there is a online company that is selling deck jets at a pretty decent price.

I have a deck that goes over a 1/4 of the way around my 27' ABG. I was thinking, why can't I mount deck jets into my wood deck. Yeah, I would have to come up with a way to hold them in place - that's not an issue, I'll fabricate something. I also know that I would have to augment my current pumping set up with a separate pump and some plumbing to run the jets. But has anyone ever done something like this - take deck jets and mount them on a wooden deck around a ABG?

I doubt I will be doing it, because as cool as it would be, I have other things to spend the +/- $700 I estimate it would cost on, but the idea interests me, and if the right parts come into my hands at a very good price, I my try it.

-dave

Just screw one of those 20 dollar aerating flowers in your return and call it good!

No can do - I have an Aqualuminator (combo light and return) in there.

They do make a fountain adaptor for the thing - costs an arm and a leg for a snap on hunk of plastic.

whats the difference between deck jets and a cascade fountain?.... I would just do a fountain. I am currently working on 2 fountains for mine. 20 bucks in 3/4 pvc and a few valves and you are good to go.

I was at local water gardening place last night and was thinking the same thing. They had fountains shooting into one of their ponds, and the fountain head was about $15. Granted it is meant to be buried in dirt, so it is not as adjustable as a deck jet, and does not have the cool flush cover, but it still does the job, for a LOT less.

-dave

And here comes Rob showing off!

Rob... you need to get yer hinus to my house and install one of those! :mrgreen:

I'll be with in 40 min. of your general area sometime next week.Why stop at 1 I have 2 I think you should go for at least 4. They are easier to install than you think. Maybe I'll take pics,once you see how it's done it's a piece of cake.

Well then... get the info up so we can all get some deck jets! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CMP deck jets are $60 a piece if you purchase the whole thing. Just the nozzle(jet ends) can be purchased seperately. Pipe it up thru the wood deck and secure the line. Add the slot to your deck with a router. You really don't need the whole hub the nozzle sits in. Plumb to them off your same pump like Rob did and you could do them for $75 apiece opr less if you do the work yourself.

Here's one like I used. But installed the whole thing in concrete.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Deck-Jet-...ultDomain_0&hash=item258a4e2565#ht_196wt_1108

Todd

Being you are from NJ I would also add in a few extra valves for draining during the winter months as well.

Don't mind the mess.
I used a 2.5" holesaw for the hole in the deck for the deck jet assembly.(very snug fit,didn't want deckjet assembly moving)a 2 9/16" holesaw would work well also.I use a dual stream nozzle.IMG_20140712_093135.jpg

I used 1" pvc pipe and J hangers w/ a valve to turn jets on or off.(valve has unions on each end,for draining in winter)If you look at the pics you'll see 1-1 1/2" valve in the return line and 1-1" valve in the jet line.These valves allow you to control the height of the water stream/turn them on or off.IMG_20140712_103205.jpg

I installed 2-1" valves to balance the flow to deck jets.(I have 2 deck jets)

I used a 1"X3/4" 90 degree elbow at each jet assembly and a short length of 3/4"(4-6") pvc to connect to deck jet assembly
BTW the deck jet nozzles are 1/2" npt,so if you used just the nozzles you could use a 3/4"X1/2" slip x threaded adapter.(or a 1"X1/2" slip X threaded adapter)

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_092918.jpg
    IMG_20140712_092918.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20140712_093026.jpg
    IMG_20140712_093026.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20140712_092930-2.jpg
    IMG_20140712_092930-2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 163
If you got a good deal on the assemblies or just used the nozzles I think you could do an install similar to mine for around $100.00 give or take.To me,my pool is a toy and toys don't have to make sense.:p

That is the idea I had. I was looking at these Jandy jets, but the others look OK too, I'll have to shop around.

My pool deck not not as accessable as the one pictured (lattice around the bottom, and it covers the return and skimmer. Individual valves to balance would be a pain to get to. I was just going to plum a pressure balancing loop and see if I can't scrounge up a cheap multiport somewhere that I can place in the return off the filter (where it is accessable)

-dave

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/02600000029266.htm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.