chemical levels while going on a vacation

May 15, 2014
Gaffney, SC
Have been using this method with y'alls help for about two months with perfect results, our pools looks great, thanks.
I have two questions. We will be going on vacation in about 5 weeks for 9 days. I plan on buying a cover and covering the pool, filter will run on a timer and using some tablets from walmart while gone. Right now my CYA is a little low from losing some water and adding some new, should I add some CYA or will I be o.k. if I wait and let the tablets bring it up in 5 weeks? Along with that how many tablets should I use while we are gone for 9 days?

Next question is my TA is a little low, I just lowered my PH from about 7.8 to 7.4 thinking I would be raising the TA and that would raise the PH a little in the process. Should 100 TA be my goal number or should I just bump up my PH and leave the TA where it is?

FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.4
TA 90
CH -
CYA 35

THANKS, FOR ANY ADVICE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.