Loose bonding wire and circuit breaker

Jan 3, 2013
I have recently had trouble with the circuit breaker tripping on my pumps. I note that the bonding wire connecting them has lost a connection so it's not connected securely and uninterrupted. Can these two problems be related?
Obviously I can easily secure the bonding wire but I don't want to falsely hope that will stop the breaker from tripping, so I await your educated opinions. Thanks

They should not be related. Reconnect the bonding wire. Bare thick copper wire, correct? See if the pumps behave differently.

Why don't you post a picture and explain the setup and we will see if we can help.

When does the breaker trip? When one pump is running, both pumps?

They should not be related. Reconnect the bonding wire. Bare thick copper wire, correct? See if the pumps behave differently.

Why don't you post a picture and explain the setup and we will see if we can help.

When does the breaker trip? When one pump is running, both pumps?
I will get some pics later today, thanks for offering to help. I have never seen it personally, told that the breaker trips after all of the pumps have been running for some time. That is to say, not immediately when the timer turns them on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.