Blonde hair and Intex SWG with Copper

It'll also turn red heads green and as Robbie has already mentioned, turn your water green and stain the liner.

For what it's worth, we've used our Intex SWG for 4 or 5 years now, and have never had an issue with anything or anyone turning green. I don't know if it makes any difference, but we always take it down at the end of the season, so the water is never more than 3-4 months old in it. Maybe if we used the same water for a longer period of time, we would see this? I don't know.

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

I had disconnected the wire since I installed it, so didn't have to worry about staining/green hair, was just wondering.

I'm sure boost will still work, just won't be dumping copper ions into the water.

My son at 9 years old last summer had a very very slight touch of green to his light blond hair. He was in the pool daily last summer if not twice a day. I'm not sure on the hours per day he was in but he was in the pool a lot. We took the pool down for the winter and set it back up this summer with and so far no green highlights in his hair! lol

We love the pool, it's just not big enough!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.