I want to perform an acid start on my upcoming plaster installation. I will have an Intelliflow 4x160, Quad DE100, no heater, BBB using Liquidator and pool will be approximately 45K gallons. I found these instructions here on POOL SCHOOL and had a couple questions.
1. Fill the pool or spa.
2. Add sequestrant (any recommended brand and what volume of sequestrant?)
3. Add 4 gallons muriatic acid per 10000 gallons. This will dissolve the plaster dust without brushing.
4. Brush daily but don't vacuum or add chlorine until plaster dust is gone. For dark plaster only brush lighter colored or white areas. (only once a day or the more the better?)
5. When all plaster dust is gone neutralize the acid with soda ash by using a base demand test, wait 24 hours and repeat if needed. (if I use the TF-100 how do I do a base demand test?)
6. Turn on circulation system when pH is 7.2 or above, clean filter when the pressure increases 10 psi, add sanitizer in small amounts until desired level is obtained. (doesn't the water need to be circulated the entire time perhaps bypassing the filter or using a sump pump?)