OTO test until TF100 gets here

Jul 23, 2008
Bartlett, TN
I know I read it somewhere but can't figure out where. I'm trying to get rid of my algae this weekend, but my TF100 has not arrived yet. I read that there is a way to use distilled water to make the OTO test read at higher levels of chlorine. Can someone please tell me how or give me a link to the information? Thanks very much.

I have been trying to keep my chlorine level at around 20 as advised, but I have no idea if I am staying around that number. My pool is in full sun, so I realize that I need to keep adding bleach to stay on top of it, but I need to know how much. I keep heading to the store to buy more bleach, so I figure I could get distilled water or whatever else I need while I'm there. Please help! Thanks.

Thanks for the info and the link! I was able to use that method on Friday morning, which helped somewhat, and then my new TF100 kit arrived Friday afternoon. Yay! It came just in time to help me get thru this weekend. My pool is now cloudy white instead of green, and I'm trying to be patient and let my filter clear it up. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.