DIY pool fence ideas?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Time to keep the toddlers away from the pool. I want to build a fence across the back of my pool going from the existing fence on the left in the picture straight across to the corner of my deck- shown by the brown lines. Then the red line will be mesh safety fence going from the corner of my new deck (shown by black line) to the corner of the new fence.

After dropping funds for the new screened porch/deck, I don't have much for a fence. I'm looking for ideas on what to make for the back fence. Pickets? Privacy wood fence (and loose site of the rest of the yard?), some kind of metal mesh on 4x4 post and 2x4 horizontals? Building code is 48" high, unclimbable, <4" openings.

Pickets would be cute. That will be a very visible part of the yard (the backdrop to the pool, in effect) and I think you will want something nice. If you want to leave an area for the kids to play, I wouldn't do another privacy fence, because you'll probably want to see them from the deck/pool. Aluminum/wrought iron might be nice, too, and kind of bleed into the background, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.