Please Help, Cloudy Water over a Month, Test Results Posted, What am I doing WRONG!

Apr 1, 2012
Alabama
Hello,

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I opened the pool and everything was fine. While I was on vacation my chlorinator broke, it took a week for a new one to come and I haven't seen the bottom of the deep end since (very cloudy). I've shocked, I've used Flocc, I've used Clarifier, I have tried everything. I have been getting mixed test results every week, but here is the latest. I was wandering if it is possible to get it cleared up by the 26th of July. Thanks in Advance

CL 1
PH 7.2
FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2.0
TA 80
CH 220
CYA 55

Well, it's hard to put a deadline on it, but if your follow the suggestions we make, and you follow them PERFECTLY, I would say there is a VERY good chance.

1. Tell us what your pool water looks like right now (a Pic would be wonderful)

2. Tell us how old those test results are and what kit did you use (I think I know but just confirming)

3. Plan on buying a whole lot of chlorine to clear your pool. You will need a bunch but let's get some questions and answers going first.

4. When was your filter last backwashed?

5. What was the pressure after backwash?

Well, you knew where I was going without answering the questions :bowdown::bowdown:

Hit that SLAM hard with frequent testing, brushing and CONSTANT chlorine additions and I think that 26 deadline is very doable. Keep us posted.

No, I'm still here...lol

I was trying to upload photos but it said upload failed.

2) The test results are about 3 hours old

3) I need to know how much bleach to buy

4) I haven't backwash in about 3 days (PSI is currently 15, when it normally around 12 PSI)

Thanks again!!!

The photos are a nice help. Keep trying when you can.

Buy as much as 20-30 gallons. It will not go bad as you can use it to daily maintain your pool the rest of the season.

Clean psi of 12 sounds normal. Prepare to back wash just before you start to SLAM.

Are you prepared to start the SLAM by following the article PRECISELY?

004_zpse81ea1d3.jpg

003_zps5e31723f.jpg

001_zps5abc52f1.jpg

I like a thread with pictures included! I also like a pool with a slide and a diving board. Is everyone invited to this July 26 pool party?

Pictures are easy to include, on your photobucket library, view the picture you want to include, then right click the picture and click 'Copy Image URL'. Then on your TFP post simply add a IMG (wrapped in []), paste your URL, and finish with a /IMG (also wrapped in []).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, for adding the pics DirtyRat91:D and yes everyone is invited!!! :D

I just came back from Walmart and I am ready to slam. I bought 20 jugs of Great Value Bleach 8.25%. According to Pool School in order to reach shock FC I should add 696 ounces of bleach approximately (7 bottles). I also need to backwash, turn off my chlorinator and run my pump 24/7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.