Is it acceptable to use Pentair Easy Touch 8 Load Center for pool house power?

wrbeyer

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Buffalo, NY
We have a Pentair Easy Touch 8 load center used for the typical pool stuff. There is plenty of capacity (60 amp breaker in main) and 4 open slots for breakers. We built a pool shed just in front of the load center (literally 6" away). I would like to run a circuit (possibly two if allowed per code) to the shed for lights and outlets. Is there something in the wiring code that would not allow this? Thank you!

That is open to some interpretation. A detached structure requires it's own sub-panel. If the EasyTouch is "in" the shed then fine. But if the EasyTouch is separate from the shed, then the shed needs it's own sub-panel.

Thank you for the quick reply. I expected your answer - thank you for confirmation. I do believe that detached structures are allowed one circuit without a subpanel, so I guess that is what I will limit myself to. And as I understand it I could use a multiwire circuit to get the two circuits I want without a subpanel. Not sure I need to, but I will read more about that one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.