brown dust

Jun 17, 2014
Glassboro NJ
Ive been getting a constant yellowish and brown dust in my pool. I vac out to waste , and the next day its all back ,it actually looks like Tumble weeds that form in deep end and on my slopes.I also had this Problem last year as well. Ive been doing the TFPM this year, but im tempted to go get a Yellow Mustard Algae treatment, but will try and hold off. I just vaccumed again, and scrubbed walls, then Chlorinated to kill whatever I kicked up. Waiting for water level to come back up, then Ill run Pump all night. My #'s today were Total Chl=1.0 Free Chl =1.0 Ph=7.2 Alk=50 Calcium Hardness=70 Stabilizer=40. Chlorine levels were taken before I dumped 2 Gal of 8.25 Bleach in , after I vaccuumed and scrubbed. Thanks for any suggestions

Do these tumbleweeds just go poof and disappear when you get neat them with a brush or vacuum? That's algae clumping. Sort of like dustbunnies, but under water instead of under the bed.

The problem is right here: "My #'s today were Total Chl=1.0 Free Chl =1.0 Ph=7.2 Alk=50 Calcium Hardness=70 Stabilizer=40."

With 40 CYA, the FC should never dip below 3. That means when you dose, you aim for 5 or 6 or whatever it takes to have it read 3 or better when you test the next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.