Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi guys! You all have been great!!!
I have a question regarding food proteins and shock levels and if anyone knows if chlorine will degrade the proteins of mainly peanut, milk, eggs, wheat ect...

So here is an example. Please bear with me. 8)

I have a peanut allergy. It's pretty bad. :evil: Let's say someone came over and ate nuts/peanutbutter, never washed their hands and swam in my pool, even spitting excess water out of their mouth into my pool after eating/swimming... Would the chlorine kill the protein and if so, what would be the minimun FC/TC to kill it off or would it require shock levels?

I understand that this may be a weird question and all but it's a question I need answered. :? I appreciate any info you have on this. :wave:

P.S. Didn't know where to put this so I stuck it here... :|

Normal levels of chlorine will break down the organic proteins, shock level will do so more quickly. The rate will depend on what is put in the pool. Small amounts of reside transferred on someone's hands will break down fairly quickly. But if someone put an entire peanut into the pool, it would breakdown very slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.