First quote for composite deck for AGP..is this high?

Jun 27, 2014
Boston, MA
Looking to get a 24' round Sharkline pool and have a deck built around 1/4 of it as shown in the pic. Got our first quote for Timber Tech Evolutions Terrain decking with their Radaince Railings plus stairs and safety gate (we don't have an additional fence). Should be around 250 sq ft. First quote= $14,800. Footings will be dug in ground not on piers/blocks as we live in northeast.
I know lots of people here have built their own, but I don't think we're capable of it. We've done some home projects but this seems a little too much to handle with all the safety/rules we'd have to figure out, never mind keeping it level?
I was hoping for a little less, but I don't really know the going rate for deck labor right now.
Deck plan pic.jpg

Composite = $$$

They're really, really proud of that stuff. I don't blame them-- it's good stuff. It'll last at least as long as the framing with very, very low maintenance.

That said, $14,500 seems high.

You do know that the composite is hotter than you know what as it bakes in the sun?! It is not worth it to me to use composite decking and the price... I can think of other things to drop almost 15k on than paying those cost for a small deck.

This deck here cost hubby and I about $2,600 give or take and we are doing it ourselves.

This is his first and I've helped my dad and brothers work on theirs... it's not perfect but it is for us. Watch some Youtube vids... It's not as hard as it seems and once you get going, it all falls into place.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.