Test kit extras

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
We close on our house in 21 days. I am getting ready to order my TF100 so I am ready to go. I am getting the XL version and speedstir. How many extra beans would anyone suggest getting. I want to keep it easy and not mess around with just one.

Thnx,

Chris

I have 4 stirbars.

One for the FAS-DPD test cylinder.
One for the TA test cylinder
One for the CH test cylinder - I use the one that comes with the speedstir for that
One to mix the CYA test in the mixing bottle. Yes, it shakes out just fine when you're done.

That way, I can run every single test before I have to wash any dishes.

I have 4 stirbars.

One for the FAS-DPD test cylinder.
One for the TA test cylinder
One for the CH test cylinder - I use the one that comes with the speedstir for that
One to mix the CYA test in the mixing bottle. Yes, it shakes out just fine when you're done.

That way, I can run every single test before I have to wash any dishes.

Thnx, that is what I was looking for. Anything else I should get when placing the order?

Good idea! I hate washing everything in between. Will order some myself.

On CYA though, Richard, you use the speedstir? With the mixing bottle? I Just shake, wait 30 seconds, shake again, and test. Is that wrong? Is it 30 seconds of continuous mixing? I'll have to reread the instructions. Could have sworn I had it right.

I just want to say how impressed I am with you guys. I ordered my kit yesterday and within an hour I had shipping confirmation and my stuff will be here tomorrow. Very impressive service:)

- - - Updated - - -

How's your filter pressure gauge? I hear TFTestkits has a nice liquid filled one that makes a great replacement for the cheapy ones. (I'm going to get one someday!)

I have no idea! The pool is currently awaiting a new liner. The equipment has not been turned on yet this year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.