need help finding a replacement skimmer in older above ground pool

Sep 16, 2013
Hi,
We have an older soft sided above ground pool that needs a new skimmer. It seems to be peeling away. It is a half moon shape that has a hole that you put the vacuum adapter through. It is screwed into the inside wall of the pool. When I looked for a new one they all seem to be on the outside wall of the pool. I tried to find one a couple of years ago and was told they don't make them anymore and there was no alternative. I let it go but I have to find an alternative. It is not only peeling but is dirty and maybe affecting the pool chemistry. I went back to the pool store and they said they found one that will work. I ordered it and just got it. It is nothing like the one we have and will require more plumbing and will take up a lot of room inside the pool. If I have to plumb it could I just do some kind of plumbing to install one on the outside of the pool? I will try to attach pictures as it might be easier to see what I'm talking about. Thanks for your help, I am really desperate.

IMG_1094[1].JPGIMG_1095[2].jpgIMG_1088[1].JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.