Longtime lurker, first time poster. Looking for a solar heater - Orlando FL

Jul 7, 2014
orlando fl
We have a 322 sq ft, 11,400 gallon screened pool. I'm looking to add a solar system to extend the season. I think 5 or 6 panels may be what I need based on what I saw at the Florida Solar Energy Center website. There appears to be many different brands of panels that exist - I think we've possibly narrowed our seach down to FAFCO or Aquatherm, based on the ratings on the FSEC site. Any pros / cons of going with either? We upgraded our pump from 1 hp to 1.5 hp when we built the pool, so we didn't need to upgrade the pump when we want to add a solar system. Anyone know of any good installers in Orlando?

Thank
Travis

So an installer came out today, and we went over the cost and options. He quoted us $4100 for 6 FAFCO sunsaver panels and a Pentair solar touch controller. He said that the FAFCO panels (which were incidentally cheaper than the Aquatherm), would produce better results, due to their design that has the water flow metering system. He said that with the # of panels that we'd need, that not all of the Aquatherms would provide the same BTU's as the FAFCO's. I plan on getting another quote from another installer to get an idea if we are in the ballpark in cost. Their company is A+ with the BBB, and has good reviews online (at least compared to other shops in the area).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.