HOOCHIE - Hello World

Darlene13 posted recently that she was able to order the K-2006 from Amazon and have it shipped to Canada. Quote below was from her thread.

"I paid US$52.99 on the Amazon US site, plus US$10.99 shipping and US$10.41 duty...so US$74.36 in total. Still much cheaper than Apollo!"

Well I did a bit of digging and found out that the Distributor for Taylor in Canada is 10 mins from my house. Called them to see if I could buy the K2006. They would not sell me the 2006C.

The K2006 would be $139.95 + tax for a total of $158.14 ..... hmmmm sucks. I asked what about refills - they said they couldn't help me (can't sell direct to public). What the heck - that doesn't make sense.

On ebay I found a K2006C for $96 CAN Plus $64 CAN shipping total $160 before duty - likely 30 bucks. So that will hit close to $200.

Most ebay'ers wont ship the K2006 to Canada. I guess a few have been dinged at the postal office.

Has anyone made the run to Buffalo New York? If so where did you buy it from so I can grab my stash!

The only explanation I can think of (cost wise) is the same thing when it comes to beer. I can buy my suds in the US cheaper than the store 10 mins from my house.

Such a crime, my pool and suds (the 2 best things about summer and both are cheaper in the US)...

We'll at least I found you guys :D