rain water and overflow

kicko

Jul 14, 2008
This the first season with a pool so everything is new. For the past few days we have had short but massive heavy rains. I checked the pool today and the water must have raised it a good 2inches. The water is now over the skimmer. What do i do wish this extra water? I do not really have a drain on the pool, or at least one i see. My filer system does not have a backwash. Getting my pool ready i actually had to wet vac the last few inches out. thanks

One way to lower the level is start a syphon using your vacuum hose and drain some away from the pool. Fill the hose with water and drop one end of the hose over the side of the pool.

We got a lot of rain yesterday, and the 11 PM news forecast an additional 2-4" after that. I went out late last night and set up a couple of siphons using hoses. Also, backwashed the filter since it was due. Ran the siphons for less than an hour.
Of course, they were wrong again -- we only got a little rain before it stopped, so I left it alone today.

Sue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.