Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: rain water and overflow

1. Back To Top    #1

rain water and overflow

This the first season with a pool so everything is new. For the past few days we have had short but massive heavy rains. I checked the pool today and the water must have raised it a good 2inches. The water is now over the skimmer. What do i do wish this extra water? I do not really have a drain on the pool, or at least one i see. My filer system does not have a backwash. Getting my pool ready i actually had to wet vac the last few inches out. thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: rain water and overflow

One way to lower the level is start a syphon using your vacuum hose and drain some away from the pool. Fill the hose with water and drop one end of the hose over the side of the pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Another way is to put a garden hose in the pool and put the other end a little lower than the pool, gravity will make the water come out of the hose.
    Intex 15' X 48" metal frame pool
    Waterway Supreme 1hp 2 Speed pump
    Hayward X-Stream 150 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter
    2-2'x20' Sungrabber Solar Panels hooked up in parallel on a Goldline GL-235 controller.

Not getting "Pool Stored" = Priceless!!!
    Thank you TFP

4. Back To Top    #4

What i did was just throw in my basic utility pump and in a hour or so bam back to normal....for now. I will shock this mofo in the morning to revive the chemicals.

5. Back To Top    #5

We got a lot of rain yesterday, and the 11 PM news forecast an additional 2-4" after that. I went out late last night and set up a couple of siphons using hoses. Also, backwashed the filter since it was due. Ran the siphons for less than an hour.
    Of course, they were wrong again -- we only got a little rain before it stopped, so I left it alone today.

Sue