Sausage Fattie

texasbrew

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Humble, TX
This is a very easy item to make. I usually do one when I am smoking other meats. Simply get one of the standard breakfast roll sausages (I prefer Jimmy Dean maple) and remove the outer plastic wrap while keeping the sausage in its rolled shape. You may then either put the sausage on the smoker as is or a a little bit of bbq rub. Smoke till the center hits 160deg. On a 250deg smoker it takes a couple of hours. It makes for a nice smokey breakfast sausage.

I am new to the pool forum but not to a Smoker. Here are a few fatties that we did not to long ago.

Fatty1.JPG

Fatty2.JPG

Molson said:
Try flattening it out, adding some rub and cheese to the middle then re-rolling, and wrapping in bacon.

...Everything is better with bacon!

That's how this was made you can see the filling below. It had Fiesta cheese, portabella mushrooms spinach, green pepper and onion. You then roll it into the log and smoke.

inside.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.