Pool upgrade

Dec 30, 2007
Phoenix AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm thinking about replacing my 18x4 summer escape pool with a 18x4 metal wall pool. I'm wanting to dig the middle out as deep as possible using a expandable liner. Does anyone best way to tackle this maybe a dig sheet to get the most depth. I'm also wanting to use a happy bottom but not sure which size to go with in order to have enough to cover everything. Thanks for any information.

I believe Doughboy and other manufacturers have the installation instructions available online. Find the installers guide for the pool you intend to purchase and follow the dig instructions in the guide. They show the depths, the cut angles and the required level shoulders as well as the apex locations for the deep areas.

Well I got a used 18 ft doughboy timberline pool. It's not in the best of shape, wall is really faded and the skimmer vac port is rusted to a screw hole. So I'm going to cut out a new skimmer opening and close off the old one. I bought a Lomart expandable liner that expands 6 1/2 feet. This is were I'm getting confused, the pool came with the original instructions and it says if I want to do a deep center start 18 inchs from the wall and the max depth of 18 inches. I'm wanting to start 18 inches from the wall and go down 2 1/2 feet the get the max depth of the liner but Im afraid after reading the pool instructions that I can't stretch it that much. Any help would be great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.