New Member - Future Pool Owner!

ap28

Jul 6, 2014
LOS ANGELES CA
Hi Everyone,
I live in Los Angeles, CA and looking to build a new vinyl pool(preferably Kafko) but I don't see much installers here. So far I've only talked to two builders and I didn't like the other one so i'm down to one. Even google can't help me so any referrals would be great specially from based on experience from anyone here.

Thanks a lot and cheers!

This forum seems to be active but howcome nobody replies to my post? am i doing something wrong?
i just need help with referrals/recommendations guys!
thanks!

There's a different TFP Forum under the heading "Under Construction" where you could post for advice on pool builds.

I'm a California ex-pat, well, refugee really, as I could no longer reasonably afford to live there. I'm surprised given all the land use regulation there that you'd even be allowed to build a new pool. A buddy of mine wanted to put an extension on his home in LA (west Hollywood) that included a garage and his builder couldn't get approval and permits for months on end because of the glorious CA Air Resource Board. Apparently he lived close enough to the ocean that his remodel required an impact survey. Crazy stuff there but if you've got the green light to dig a hole and fill it with water, best of luck to you and I hope your build goes quick and easy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of folks are afraid to post recommendations. PBs tend to be kind of wishy washy and if we make a recommendation then you have issues... you know what I mean?

It's very area specific too. Only other folks on TFP who live on your area (SoCal/LA) would know a PB to use and even then they might not want to recommend on fear of you having a bad time.

Any major construction requires that you do a lot of leg work to find a contractor that will not only satisfy your price point but also mesh with your personality. Are you laid back or do you have OCD and a need to micromanage? Can you tolerate a cost overrun or will you flip out at the slightest mis-spent dollar? Do you have a tight schedule or can you handle your property looking like a construction site for months on end? Etc, etcetera.

Personally I loved my PB but I know other customers of his that had a really hard time because he's bull headed when he's on the job and tolerates no micro-managing whatsoever. Once he gets started he doesn't like last minute changes and he has no problem telling you that with very colorful "adult language".

So, it's as much about the interpersonal relationship as it is about the money and build schedule. You have to be happy with your PB not any of us because it's someone you will be interacting with for several months and sometimes on a daily basis during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.