I'm in the middle of battling something in my pool and was wondering, at what level should you shock it at if you don't know what is causing CC of 1 and FC to drop overnight? I have no indication of algae. So do I stay at normal level of shock which for me is 16 or do you go to 27 for Mustard algae because you don't know if that's it or not? Is mustard algae even a problem in northern states? and do you leave a solar cover on at shock level or take it off?
I was thinking leaving it on so I don't burn up as much FC, but if you take it off you would be burning up some of the CC. So what do you do? or am I putting way to much thought into this.