Sand filter problem has me ready to replace everything

Hey guys and gals,

I've been a stalker on this site for a while. Just registered a username so I could post. You have been helping me for a year now, thanks!

I have a waterway sand filter, 22 inch with multiport on top. I had a feeling that dirt was going through the system, back to the pool. I used a slime bag on my last cleaning and sure enough, that bag was filled with big pieces of the stuff I just vacuumed off the floor. I pulled the sand out and checked the latterals, they are good. My thinking was that maybe the pipe from the latterals was allowing the pressurized water to go straight back in to the pool, not through the sand. Lastly, I looked at the spyder gasket and it looks good. No nicks or anything. Then I thought maybe the gasket wasn't seated to the surface. How could I check that the gasket is sitting properly?

I have always had cloudy water. I don't the filter is doing it's job but now I have proof that the water is going around the sand (not channeling but going straight back in to the pool).

Thank you in advance for any insight on my problem!

Sean from Jersey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.