iAqualink IQ900-A issues!

Sep 17, 2013
I've had the IAQUALINK set-up for awhile, several months, all working flawlessly once programmed. We had a bad storm here on Thursday, knocked out the internet (Uverse). Technician came out on Saturday and determined the modem/router was fried and replaced it, also giving me a new SSID and password.

So, I unplugged the connector from the main box, hooked the laptop back up to the interface and went through the set-up process again, because that's the only way I knew how to update the network info, however, I keep getting an error after entering all the info:

WIFI TOOL
Runtime error "52"
-bad file name or number

I've tried another laptop, I've tried my really old laptop, I even tried doing a system restore to 2 months ago on my main laptop that was used for the original set-up, hoping to clean the registry, but still, same error.

Any ideas? It's really frustrating! and of course if you click on the support tab online, it just says call or email....and they aren't open until Monday.

appreciate the help!

Does the new router have the ability to broadcast "B" band? If your iAqualink is 7 months old (ver 1.0), it will only function on B band. If you are hooking up hard wire, you will probably need to uninstall all the software first and then re install. If that still doesn't work, I would call Jandy and have them walk you thru everything, at that point, i would begin bugging them about sending you the new version (2.0) for no charge to replace your current mess. IMO, they shouldn't have ever rolled out 1.0 because of it's requiring the very old, very slow, b band to run on.

Does the new router have the ability to broadcast "B" band? If your iAqualink is 7 months old (ver 1.0), it will only function on B band. If you are hooking up hard wire, you will probably need to uninstall all the software first and then re install. If that still doesn't work, I would call Jandy and have them walk you thru everything, at that point, i would begin bugging them about sending you the new version (2.0) for no charge to replace your current mess. IMO, they shouldn't have ever rolled out 1.0 because of it's requiring the very old, very slow, b band to run on.

Software revision date according to the box is 3/21/14. That said my router does b/g/n, so it shouldn't be a problem anyways. I plan on calling them this morning and see what they say.

Software revision date according to the box is 3/21/14. That said my router does b/g/n, so it shouldn't be a problem anyways. I plan on calling them this morning and see what they say.

iQ900-RS = 1.0 version
iQ20-RS = 2.0 version

Note: if your router says it supports b, you still have to turn on dual band and set b to the second band broadcasting. Your cable tech may not have turned on the dual band or set the second band to b. Either way, i would bug Jandy.

iQ900-RS = 1.0 version
iQ20-RS = 2.0 version

Note: if your router says it supports b, you still have to turn on dual band and set b to the second band broadcasting. Your cable tech may not have turned on the dual band or set the second band to b. Either way, i would bug Jandy.

I def have the iq900.....

And sorry I should've been clearer, when I go into the advanced set up for my router, it says it is broadcasting b/g/n

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't able to call before I left the house, and I know if I try while I'm in the car, they're going to need me to do stuff that I obviously wouldn't be able too

Also check to make sure it sends out 2.4gigs and not the 5. what LED's are working off the aerial?

the power is lit and then the network light is blinking because it is unable to connect. I'm actually on hold now, waiting to talk to tech support.

side note: came home to high filter pressure yesterday, day before it was high so I backwashed (DE), then day later it was even higher, backwashed again yesterday, thinking maybe it was just really dirty from July 4th get together, plus dogs in the pool at times. Just checked it now and its about 5psi higher than normal.

Simple fix from tech support....

apparently an error only on Windows 8/8.1......

all I had to do was plug the device into my computer, find it on the drive list (My Computer), right click, properties, Tools tab, then selected "fix this drive". Boom, fixed.

went through the set up as normal and it works fine now.

Now onto my filter issue.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same problem with the error 52. Tried the fix the hard drive and then got an error 67. Decided to look at the drive itself. Said no files so looked for hidden files. Found a ._SETTINGS file that was dated later than the other files. Deleted it and re-ran the configuration program. It resolved the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.