Pool turned cloudy, and I can't see why...

TreeFiter

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jul 2, 2012
Saugerties, NY
One of my pools went cloudy all of a sudden, and I can't seem to find a reason why. I serviced the pool yesterday, and everything was fine. Chemistry was normal, water was clear, nothing out of the ordinary. I got a call this morning saying that the pool was cloudy to the point you could only see the second step. I got there several hours later to see a white precipitate had settled out, and the pool was only slightly cloudy. We did get a significant amount of rain and wind last night, but I can't see how that would cause the pool to go cloudy. The only other things I added to the pool yesterday was a Sequestrant called Conquest (I've never seen it turn a pool cloudy) and I put 3 vitamin C tablets on an iron stain on the bottom, but I don't think that would cause the pool to cloud up either.

The chemistry as of my visit today was as follows:
FC=8
CC=0
CYA=40
pH=7.3
TA=60
CH=190

These numbers put the CSI on the low side of OK. Again, I don't see a reason it would cloud up.

The pool in question is roughly 20,000 gallons, gunite, SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.