omg, I don't know what to do...

hyperionguy

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2012
Houston, TX
...with all of my free time since TFP has given me my 3rd summer with near perfect nearly maintenance free water! LOL :cheers:

Just wanted to re-thank everyone for all the goodness and saving me from my first 2 years of AGP headaches. :lovetfp:

The only problem so far this summer (weather aside) is a dead swg cell. $30 later and I'm back in business!

20140705_131508_RichtoneHDR_zps1afcc955.jpg

We always welcome help from those who know that TFPC works! :cool:

Yes. Ordered directly from intexcorp.com. shipping cost was reasonable.

I didnt order the whole cell, which they do offer, just the guts. See links below.

For 16" (2659gph) swg combo and some stand alone swg it is $47. http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/replacement-parts/above-ground-pools/agp-accessories/saltwater-system/11374.html

For 14"(1600 gph) and some stand alone swg it is $38. http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/replacement-parts/above-ground-pools/agp-accessories/saltwater-system/11389.html

My system would beep low salt. I tested using aquacheck salt strips (plus I know my math was right) and sure enough salt was fine. I went ahead and added more just to see if the cell was losing sensitivity hoping it just had a new lower threshold. No luck. Even in the minutes before the alarm would trip, no tiny bubbles. Cell had no visible calcium deposits, but I cleaned it anyway. No luck.

New cell plates = working like new. No alarm, lots of bubbles, FC back to target with my old run schedule. Yay!

I'll third that lol. Plus I will add, I thought my pool water was clear after converting from baquacil last season to this method, but I just added borates to the pool Thursday and WOW, I am amazed at the detail I can see at the bottom of my pool. I am kind of a perfectionist (not quite ocd lol), but now that I can see how rough the bottom is and how many crevices and small craters there are I am going to have to replace the liner next year and smooth out the bottom. Liner is due anyway as it is the original and 14 years old.

This site truly is a lifesaver.....okay overkill, but a definite stress reducer and money saver!!!!

I encourage anyone that hasn't already to take the time to become a lifetime member to help with expenses. Considering what everyone is saving in chemical costs, it's a real bargain.

Glenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.