vinyl scale?

Jun 29, 2014
pendleton,IN
my vinyl pool has a rough feeling under water line for the first time this year. when i started slamming it the roughness went away. the ph is 7.4 to 7.6 and alkalinity aroun 90. i have been fighting white water mold and mild milkiness which has cleared up along with the roughness ? there is allso some staining due to well water which an anti stain additive has taken care of. i have made a couple of small acid adds to lower ph from 7.8+ back 7.6, one or 2 cups 8oz. i finally got your kit and the ca hardness is 250-300ppm. i have to add from a well. i put a rv filter on hose which helps filter rust particulate matter. i have a brush vacuum head which either sucks so hard when i close the bottom drain or really does not draw very well with bottom drain open. i replaced the brushes last year and i just broke the plastic neck. i vacuum fine particulate matter since i have an automatic cover. should i consider some type of wheeled head before i spend 40 or 50 bucks replacing this triangular see through head by hayward?

Last edited:
Persulfate doesn't hurt, but costs more than chlorine and doesn't do any better. I can't see any way it would have anything to do with what you describe.

You are correct, the calcium scaling idea doesn't completely fit your story. On the other hand I can't think of what else it might have been.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.