Testing and the 15'x3' Easy-set AGP

Jul 12, 2008
Huntington Beach
Hello to all.

My new 15'x3" easy set w/ solar heat(really works) and big intex pump is up and running!

The numbers(TF 100) for 7/20 are the tap water right after filling.

After taking second sample on 7/23, I added 8.7oz 6% chlorine to attain 3+ppm.

What do you think about the data? What should I change? 3PPm too low a target? Do I have to increase my CYA? I do not mind adding bleach each day. I'll take the pool down on Oct 1st.

Date 7/20
FC 9
CC 5
TC 14
pH 7.8
T/A 130
CH
CYA 0
Temp. 82
Gallons 2800

Date 7/23
FC 1.5
CC 1
TC 2.5
pH 7.7
T/A 100
CH
CYA 0
Temp 89
Gallons 2800

thank you for your input.

mothara

Yes, you should increase your CYA. It is good to have CYA between 30 and 50.

Both test results show CC above 0.5, which suggests something in the water that is getting oxidized, either algae or something else. It would be good to shock the pool until CC goes to 0.5 or lower.

Do you have a CH number? You don't need to check CH very often in a vinyl pool, but it is a good idea to make sure it isn't getting too high.

Hello again.

This has been a great learning experience. I'm glad I bought the pool and the upgraded accessories and test kit. Pool maintenance is no longer intimidating. I thank this site and the participants for ALL that it/they provide.

Best of all, my son loves it. He swims and thanks me every day!

A couple more thoughts:

1) I would not buy another AGP that was not at least 48" deep. I'll replace this one next season.
2) I would not buy another AGP w/o a frame. Kids are kids. They monkey around the side walls. These doughnuts need sturdier sides.

I'm back with new numbers after 3 weeks of operation:

FC 4
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 130
CH 300
CYA 50
TEMP 88(now, 95 by 3pm)

Questions:

Is it necessary to adjust the TA?

Should I run a higher FC? Four is the norm. Like 7?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

J

There isn't any reason for you to adjust the TA unless you are having problems with the PH rising quickly. If the PH has been reasonably stable then leave the TA alone.

You never want FC to fall below 4. It is simplest to do this if you raise FC up to perhaps 7 once a day. By the next day it should still be 4. If it falls below 4, raise it higher till it is always at least 4 the next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.