Can't clear up pool

Jul 24, 2012
I have recently SLAMmed my pool and am having trouble clearing up my pool (from a cloudy white/blue). I replaced the sand in my filter about a month ago. When I turn my pump off, the pool becomes crystal clear with the debris on the floor. The pool becomes cloudy again when the pump turns back on. I've back washed and my PSI returned to 20 psi (from about 22 psi). I've also tried vacuuming to the filter, but the debris just comes back out of the jets. I'm extremely hesitant to vacuum to waste because I would have to replace some water and my well water has a bunch of metals in it (making the pool green again). Why wouldn't my filter catch the debris?

I have recently SLAMmed my pool and am having trouble clearing up my pool (from a cloudy white/blue). I replaced the sand in my filter about a month ago. When I turn my pump off, the pool becomes crystal clear with the debris on the floor. The pool becomes cloudy again when the pump turns back on. I've back washed and my PSI returned to 20 psi (from about 22 psi). I've also tried vacuuming to the filter, but the debris just comes back out of the jets. I'm extremely hesitant to vacuum to waste because I would have to replace some water and my well water has a bunch of metals in it (making the pool green again). Why wouldn't my filter catch the debris?
We might be able to hazard some guesses if you'd fill out your signature and tell us what type of equipment you have. You can find instructions on how to do it here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.