Need advice on settling concrete

Good morning all, hopefully someone out there can help. I have a concrete slab that has sunk about 3/4 to 1 inch on one side. It has also caused a crack in the coping on pool corner. Attached are some pics. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated. 1. I'm worried about it damaging pool. 2. It is definitely going to become a tripping hazard for my kids. Thank you so much
Ryan
null_zpsfbcee01c.jpg

null_zpsedf3a788.jpg

First I would call my PB out and tell him to fix it under his warranty. If he says cracking is normal, agree with him, because it is. Settling is not normal. The backfill area is notorious for settling. PB know that and should take that into account when backfilling. He needs to fix it for free.

Was your concrete poured in May 2013? How soon after they backfilled did they pour? What did they backfill with? Dirt? Rock? Road base? When did the concrete first crack in the control joint?

It may be that the entire area has settled and the pool side is resting on the walls, What does that joint look like? If its resting on the wall then you need to do something. Any settling anywhere else? The crack and settling is a concern, but the big worries are why is it settling and will that harm the pool structure.

As for fixes. You can replace that section of slab. Looks best-- costs a lot but cheap for the PB. Grind down the high side. Doesn't look so great and not something you should accept from a pool builder. There are other fixes but those are the ones that are reasonably well priced.

Gwegan, I will be calling my PB on Monday. Thank you for info. Yes concrete was poured within a couple days of backfill. They back filled a couple feet with stones then used the dirt from digging to do the rest which was more than the rocks. The concrete cracked at edge of pool within the last week. I just noticed settled slab yesterday but it could have been there for a couple days but no more than 4. Here is a pic from farther out. The crack is to the right of the light.
null_zps5adb2af5.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.