UN-stabilized pucks

There isn't anything you can use in a conventional puck feeder that doesn't have stabalizer/CYA.

Accu-Tab, web site, makes cal-hypo pucks that can only be used in their special puck feeders.

HTH Duration capsules are plastic capsules containing cal-hypo that you can put in the skimmer. See for example here.

Both of these contain calcium, which is often fine in the short run but over time can become a serious problem.

JasonLion said:
There isn't anything you can use in a conventional puck feeder that doesn't have stabalizer/CYA.

Accu-Tab, web site, makes cal-hypo pucks that can only be used in their special puck feeders.

HTH Duration capsules are plastic capsules containing cal-hypo that you can put in the skimmer. See for example here.

Just be sure to NEVER add cal-hypo into a chlorinator that has had tri-chlor tabs (or tri-chlor into cal-hypo).... It would cause a dangerous combination. The two chemicals shouldn't even be stored near each other.

Josh

There is another Cal-Hypo 3-inch puck available under the Sustain name. I travel frequently and use this product for my daily chlorine use. I do use bleach to shock but find this puck helps me maintain my chlorine level while I'm away. The puck is not wrapped in plastic and does not erode in a day or two. Every bucket comes with a plastic dispenser and a sliding lid. It holds two pucks, which usually last approximately one week. The plastic dispenser is placed in your skimmer basket. Sustain also makes other products for shock, clarifying, etc. but I don't use any of them. I'm a BBB kind of guy who uses these pucks to maintain my chlorine without stabilizer. They have a website at www.askjoepool.com if you want to locate a dealer near you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.