Doug from Indiana. AGP crushed by tree

drmillerlp

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
NW Indiana, USA
I joined TFP about a year ago, to get my new AGP up and running with the least amount of effort and cost. I love and have used some of the advice found here. Last year the pool was enjoyable, and not a lot of work, thanks to the things I learned here. :swim: Fall closing didn't go as planned, ended up with lots of leaves, etc. in the pool. After a very long and very cold winter, I finally got it back in shape last week and took my first relaxing time in the pool. That night, a small storm came through and BAM! a large tree trunk section crushed the pool flat on one side.:cry: Insurance adjuster was quick, once I lit the fire under him. My clean up contractor removed the tree pool, and damaged equipment. His crew then set up the new pool and got it ready for water. Got done filling it yesterday, and when it warms back up, I will once again enjoy another new pool! I got the same pool, as it fits our needs well, and that is what the insurance paid for, minus a little for a year's depreciation. (Hope the check comes soon!) Enjoy your pool!:cheers:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 90
Thats my biggest fear. I have a HUGE oak tree prolly close to 100 yrs old in my backyard. I hate to cut it down but might not have a choice. If it ever comes down, or a big limb breaks, it's either going into my pool, my paito roof or destroy my storage building.

Glad your insurance company played nice.

Who would of thought of a tree in the pool. I am glad you got things back up and running so quickly.. I hope you get to enjoy the sparklicious pool for quite a while now. I mean what else could happen? Right?

Well, I guess anything can happen when you add a pool to a lot with trees. So glad I don't have any around my pool, except that the neighbor has a huge pine about 30ft from our pool. Glad you got it covered and have a new one. Welcome back to TFP!